The Rotary Club of Stratford was founded in 1922. The first president was D.M. Wright (1922-1924), followed by Dr. David Smith (1924-25). Since then, we have grown to a Club of approximately 140 members who embrace the 4-Way Test as part of both their business and community activities.
Is it the truth?
Is it fair to all concerned?
Will it build goodwill and better friendships?
Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
The Rotary Club of Stratford is known throughout Stratford as a sponsor of the Rotary Complex, Block Parents, AquaBox, Rotary Respite House, and Rotary Minor Hockey; the organizer of the annual Dragon Boat Races, Rotary Reads, and the Rotary Arts & Craft Show; and a supporter of many good causes, including Polio Plus, PLOW (Public Library on Wheels), the Stratford Food Centre, House of Blessing, and Stratford General Hospital.
As a member of Rotary International, an association comprising more than 33,000 Rotary clubs in over 200 countries and geographical areas, the Rotary Club of Stratford is also linked with a global network of 1.2 million business and professional leaders who volunteer their time and talents to serve their communities and the world. In 1985, Rotary launched its PolioPlus program to immunise all of the world’s children against polio. As of 2011, Rotary has contributed more than $900 million US to the cause, resulting in the immunisation of nearly two billion children worldwide.
The Rotary Club of Stratford has been a long time supporter of Group Study Exchanges and Exchange Students from around the world.