- The Magoanine “B” School and Water Sanitation Project is a project jointly supported by the Etobicoke Rotary Club and The Rotary Club of Maputo (District D9400). The school is in the suburbs of Maputo, capital of Mozambique, in Africa. The school that presently teaches 2400 pupils daily. These numbers will soon increase dramatically, but the school has no water and sanitation service. This project has three phases – i) to drill a well and storage tower and provide drinking fountains; ii) to construct toilet blocks; and iii) to expand the toilet block.
- Back to School Project is sponsored by the Rotary Clubs of Collingwood and a District in the Philippines. It focuses on helping street kids get back to school. We gave support to this project years ago, and now it has grown to helping over 1000 street kids and John is appealing for more help. The Rotary Club of Stratford has donated $500.
- Change Her World is a charity which helps girls get an education in Chilumba Community in Northern Malwai, Africa. ‘Change Her World’
Foundation is helping 100 girls with school fees, uniforms, school supplies, mosquito nets, soap and some medical care. They have also helped with building repairs and cooking pots. Educating girls is the best hope of breaking the chain of poverty.
- Avoidable Blindness Project (Also Known as VOSH Mexico ) is organized by the Rotary Club of Burton, Michigan. They organize four clinics each year at which 400 patients are examined, treatments prescribed and eye glasses and sunglasses dispensed. This project attracts matching grants and donations can be credited to Paul Harris awards.
- El Salvador school project is in the final year of a five year pledge to help with child education in El Salvador through the Child Literacy Pathways to literacy program. We sponsored a water plant that was inaugurated October 4, 2012.
- New Generations Exchange Program